We are in the process of hiring a new part time Worship Leader.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Worship Leader will work with the Lead Pastor to plan and lead the weekly gathering. The Worship Leader will be a competent instrumentalist and vocalist who desires to work with a band in a contemporary church environment.
- Collaborate weekly with Lead Pastor in planning services (song selection, service order, etc.)
- Enthusiastically lead the volunteer music team vocalists, guitarists, drummer, keyboardist, bassist, etc.
- Lead the congregation, with the worship team, in Christ-exalting worship
- Plan and oversee a mid-week rehearsal and Sunday morning sound-check
- Organize with lead pastor and volunteers special services or programs, such as for holidays
- Use Planning Center software for communication with the music and A/V teams
- Faithful follower of Christ in character and lifestyle
- Love for people and desire to see lives changed by the Gospel
- Agreement with the church’s Statement of Faith
- Demonstrated musical gifting
- Enthusiastic desire to lead musicians and congregation worship
- Familiar with sound production in a live setting
- Competent in verbal and written communication
Submit resume and references to FaithGarnerWorship@gmail.com
WHAT WE BELIEVE ABOUT WORSHIP
We believe that the world and everything in it was created by our merciful and holy God. Every good gift comes from Him. God’s greatest gift was the sacrifice of Jesus, His Son, to rescue us.
God delights in our gratitude for who He is and what He has done for us. As followers of Jesus, our natural response is worship. He deserves our affection, our contrition, and our generosity.
Our worship at Faith Community Church takes many forms both in our daily lives and in our gathered services – biblical storytelling, prayer, acts of service, and music to name just a few. Our ultimate act of worship is to participate in the redemptive work of Jesus Christ by serving as God’s agents of reconciliation in our communities. As unlikely recipients of His audacious grace, we strive to worship God with our our words, dreams, desires, and deeds.
As we gather weekly, we aspire to recognize that God is among us – that He is here and that He loves us; then we seek to respond to his presence appropriately.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT OUR WEEKLY WORSHIP GATHERINGS
- Live Band:
- We usually utilize a full band on Sundays which is comprised of artists from our church and community. Our worship teams lead our congregation in songs of adoration and response to God’s presence. Some in attendance raise their hands in exuberant worship; some stand in quiet reverence.
- If you are blessed with the gift of music and wish to consider serving in our worship ministries, please speak with our worship leader.
- Music Style:
- Guitar driven worship with songs from current Christian recording artists including: All Sons & Daughters, Chris Tomlin, Citizens & Saints, Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Rend Collective.
- We value the historic hymns of the church and regularly sing these songs as well.
- Our sermons typically track verse by verse through a book of the Bible and last 35-45 minutes. Some Sundays we recite scripture together, invite people to pray aloud, or have times of testimony to God’s work in our lives.
- Periodically, we incorporate the remembrance if Christ’s life, death, and resurrection through the breaking of bread as a part of our worship. You do not need to be a member of Faith Community Church to participate in communion with us; anyone confessing faith in Jesus is welcome to partake.