In Job 37:5 we read that, “God…does great things that we cannot comprehend,” and we can report that is exactly what he is doing at Faith Community Church in Garner.
If anyone had told me 3 years ago how much fun leading a church replant would be I would never have believed them. In fact, the phrase from my church planting professor in seminary about this type of work was, “it’s easier to give birth than raise the dead.” Well, as you can see below, we serve a God who can do both!
The incomprehensible greatness of God is being seen at Faith Community Church. Here’s a snapshot:
- 75% of adults are serving regularly and 60% are being discipled in a Community Group.
- God has sent several new leaders in 2015 who are gifted in areas we were praying about in 2014.
- We have begun working with area homeless ministries doing more than just feeding stomachs. We are feeding their souls and building meaningful friendships.
- We are serving those in our church: with drug addictions, to find jobs, to pay bills, to care for sick family members,
- Several people have come in for the Sunday morning worship stating, “the Lord wanted me to come here this morning.”
- We are seeing long time believers trusting God and walking with Him like never before.
- God’s people are sharing testimony with one another and in the worship service about how God is moving in and through them.
- Young singles are regularly caring for and reaching out to our oldest members.
- People are finding opportunities to share their faith with neighbors and coworker because of what they learned in Community Group.
- We surpassed our goal of 200 Operation Christmas Child boxes and instead got 313! It helped that one of our newest church members gave testimony about receiving boxes herself as an orphan in Haiti.
- We are blessed to have people who came from our sister church who are using their gifts to serve and move the ministry forward powerfully
- Several of our men have been regularly reaching out to a man who is an considered an outcast.
- Groups of men are running with vision (literally running) to build relationships with other men in the community.
- We continue to love our town by intentionally blessing our community through partnership with every town sponsored event we can.
- We are battling the abortion crisis in our county by partnering with First Choice Pregnancy Centers and even hosted a baby shower in a member’s home for a mom who chose life for her baby.
- We are praying together, eating together, loving each other, growing together, serving together, fixing each other’s houses together, reading books together, coaching soccer together, and even going to food truck rodeos together.
- God’s Word is being proclaimed, and God’s people are giving to see his Word proclaimed around the world.
- We continue to make strategic ministry decisions to reach out to our local community of Garner.
- We have Momentum! We have remained committed to growing Upward, Inward, and Outward.
We can’t fully understand the “why” and “how” of everything that is happening in our faith community. In fact, many of our “great plans” didn’t work. What we know is that we see God’s hand and He is doing immeasurably more than we could ask or think. We are blessed to serve a God of incomprehensible greatness and we eagerly look forward to what he will do with us next!